Frequently Asked Questions
These are the most frequently asked questions from the community.
The Grow-Off is Canada’s first cannabis education and science-based competitive event. Participants will receive the same clone to start, so it’s a level playing field, and we will award cash prizes for best in THC/CBD potency, flavour, and yield (size). A major benefit is that our growers keep 99% of what they grow because our judging system is solely based on lab results to determine the winners.
Benefits to joining:
• Cash and supply prizes from our generous sponsors.
• Free testing of your sample courtesy of our lab partner.
• New, elite genetics.
• No judging packets: keep what you grow and sell at a premium.
• Data analysis specific to your operation.
• Press opportunities and 6 months of marketing through Grow-Off channels.
• Invitation to our VIP, private awards ceremony and other events throughout competition.
• Winning a prize that isn’t based on the biggest booth or giving away the most free stuff.
Yes! Many of the larger groups are entering multiple grow facilities, pitting them against each other as a way to evaluate their teams (and for internal bragging rights).
Our lab partner will need five grams to test, so this is a small fraction of what you’ll produce. You can sell the rest as a premium product.
We will be awarding cash and supply prizes in the categories of Potency (CBD & THC), Flavour and Yield (size).
It’s a secret! In order to preserve a level playing field, growers will need to identify this in real time. What we can say is that the clones are part of an elite genetics program.
We will be releasing a full list of competitors once we begin, and you’ll see quite a few familiar faces at a launch event, to be announced soon.
TBD – this will be based on our official launch date.
Join our mailing list.
Join our newsletter to keep up-to-date on The Grow-Off announcements, events, and news.